The Fitchburg Police Department is pleased to announce that it will be participating in the 15th Annual Goods for Guns Buyback Program from 9:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday, December 10, 2016. This is program is sponsored by the UMass Memorial Medical Center’s Injury Prevention Center and the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office.
The program will allow Fitchburg residents to:
- Turn in operable guns and receive local grocery chain gift cards.
- Be anonymous – no names asked.
- Get free gun locks.
- Also turn in non-operable guns, ammunition, and firearm accessories (no gift cards are issued for these items).
- Not have gun registrations/licenses during the turn in of guns.
- Turn in guns at the police station or by appointment at their residence.
Unwanted firearms may be disposed of by turning them in personally at the Fitchburg Police Department’s Community Room (lower level of the police station adjacent to the main parking lot) on Saturday, December 10, 2016 between the hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm.
Important: All guns brought directly to the police station must be unloaded and wrapped/contained in a bag.
Residents may also call the Fitchburg Police Department Armorer at 978-343-3230 to make an appointment for the pickup of unwanted firearms at their residences. Please provide a name, address, and return phone number so that a mutually agreed upon time can be arranged. A trained officer will respond to your home on the event date of Saturday, December 10, 2016 between the hours of 9:00am – 3:00pm to safely secure and remove any unwanted firearms.
Any resident having questions about the program should contact the Fitchburg Police Department at the above listed number.